Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Tribute

Our family has had to part ways with a loving member: THE Nissan 240sx. She was sold yesterday. This car is 15 years old and is still going strong. If only this car could talk! It all started out when Julie was 18 or 19: THE car was purchased. Julie and Troy had named it at one time. I believe it was Shanaynay. Then THE car was given to me when I turned 16. When I moved to college, I had to leave THE car behind; however, she was not forgotten. Oh yes, Benny has driven THE car, Debra has driven THE car, Scott has driven THE car and we'll never forget the ones who had the pleasure of riding in THE car. (Shoutouts to Mandy, Starla, Amy, Jaclyn, and many others) This car has made many trips including the one that Jaclyn and I took to Tuscaloosa when I was sixteen. Needless to say we didn't get away with that one! We thought we'd never get caught! I drove THE car to the beach when Scott and I met. This car has been spun around and put through a fence, courtesy of me, and it's still going strong! I'm telling you, THE car is amazing. So what if there's a big crack in the front, a speedometer that doesn't work, an odometer that doesn't work and windshield wipers that come on when you turn on the headlights, it's still the best! Not to mention the kickin' speakers Troy bought for her when the other ones went out! We were jammin'! She will never be forgotten...(side note: this pic is not the original. Pretty close though. Imagine a crack in the front and fading paint!) ;)

4 comments:

NotMoira said...

RIP Nissan... never forgotten... 3/27/2008. <3

Lindsey said...

Girl, my mama had a Nissan 240sx when I was like 8 or 9. It was black, it was hot and I loved it.

Jac said...

That's so sad. Oh, all the memories.

Missy said...

Too funny! I felt the same way when we sold the "Mighty Pathfinder!"